Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What is Love?

Love is patient,
Love is kind,
It does not envy,
It does not easily angered.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoice with the truth,

it always protect, always trust, and always PERSEVERE......

Perseverance!!! I saw many people give up on their relationships lately..be it marriage/long relationship. It has caught me into thinking.. Isn't that when 2 person come together, committed to each other, they shouldn't let go easily? Spend so much years together and til the end, you let go???

Often, we hear things like...
"ahh.....complicated................ just forget it.. you can find a better one! "
"hey.. i deserved a better one!"

I guess in life partner, there's always someone better coming along your way.
Your love one is a mere human, and he/she might wrongs you many times..
He/she might hurts you at times..
speak wrong words..
cannot perform up to your expectation...
Not sensitive to your feelings..

But, where is the commitment thing?
Liken it to the Covenant that God make with us.......... He will not forsake us no matter what.
Can you say that you are good to deserve His unfailing Love?
Did you not always seek for a better one? better money, better position, better other things in life that sometimes, you just forget that there is a God that always loves you and will not forsake you?

Relationship.......... often i guess it gets complicated.. when we forgot.. about the "COMMITMENT" that we should hold on to.

I make a covenant with God that, no matter how, i shall have no other God before Him.
I will love God with all my heart, my mind and my soul.
I will love my neighbour as i have love myself.

Liken it to commitment with someone....
I make a commitment with someone that, no matter how, i shall have no other replacement before him.
I will love him with all my heart, my mind and my soul.

God is still No 1.........
And He will be No 2........ and surely he can accepts it too. How sweet. :)

I hope HE will reveal "the intended one" to me........... and keep my heart just for HIM at this moment. I hope HE will keep his heart just for me too!

No comments: