Wednesday, September 16, 2009

a day started with....

I woke up on 4:15am yesterday.
Anticipated to watch Roger Federer, how will he beats Del Potro (someone who beat Nadal 6-2, 6-2, 6-2) on the semifinal.
8:30am....I was stunned.
My beloved-Roger Federer was beaten too. 6-3, 6-7, 6-4, 6-7, 2-6... :(
Heavy hearten, i went to office, rewinding the double fault on the fourth set tie breaker..."he should have scored.... why........"
I was upset.
I then felt misunderstood by some people.
I then explained.
I then felt rejected.
I then felt bad.
I then had bad sore throat.
and i drove back... broken.

After 2 cups of lime + honey..
After 1 cup of panadol soluble...
I, forced myself into the bed at 8pm.
My heart was broken, repeatedly thinking of the discussion over the lunch time in the afternoon, the sense of rejection, the many disappointment i felt.. the Roger Federer-should-not-have-lost emotion............

I then came across a book on my book shelf... "Porridge for the Believer- Reggie Lee".
I remembered whom i have trusted.
I remembered His love.
I remembered His promises of never leave me nor forsake me.
I then flipped the book.

Chapter 22: Gossip, Presumptuousness & Taking Offence.
Gossips- taking things negative about another person, spreading information about another without approval. It is the art of saying "nothing" in a way that leaves "nothing unsaid". Gossip is that which no ones claims to like but which everybody enjoy.
( i was stunned....... I was being convicted... )

Esclesiates 7:21,22
Also do no take to heart everything people say,
Lest you hear your servant cursing you.
For many times, also, your own heart has known
That even you have cursed others.
(how true....... i had took what others said into my heart...... and i knew too that i have cursed others too.... )

Presumptuousness
-This is a real killer, big time and small time. One cannot count the damage it can do and most of the time we are not aware we are presumptuous in things very small but it can still cause major problems. Consider the following true incidents:
a.) During WWII, the Americans were warned about impending Japanese Invasion. They presumed that the Jepanese couldn't fly from Japan and bomb Pearl Harbour. That moment of error caused many American lives and a place in history.

b.) A helpful man who used to give lifts to Christians including some women was sighted by some nosy people who instead of checking out, reported it to his wife and had the relationship of this couple been not strong, it would have easily caused problems.

c.) At face value, sometimes you can form an opinion of a person without knowing him/her. Based on these presumptions, we behave accordingly to our "beliefs". If the presumptions are negative, a bad mental picture of the person is formed. Unless, you are willing to put aside the mental picture and make the move to know him, this can continue for years and the moment any controversy arises, you will be too quick to judge.

Taking Offence
A pastor might preach a message "hurtful" to your ears, a tactless person might say something that might hit you below the belt or it is just a misunderstanding sometimes of wrong choice of words and you have taken offence. Many people I know, left church over such trivial matters like pastors preaching too much on tithes and offerings, taking offence can cause a relationship to grow cold too if you refuse to communicate with the offenders.

Anything you hear that is not pleasing to your ears can dwell in your thoughts. (yes, i completely agreed)
Forgiveness is a key word to erase it while your maturity in CHrist can see it as a small graze that does you no harm. ( FORGIVENESS............ a conviction once again!! )
.....


I was convicted for being presumptuous, gossips and taking offence.
That day, I learned FORGIVENESS before i sleep.

No comments: