Monday, August 04, 2008

the next SEASON of my life

I felt i am entering into another SEASON of my life...

Previous 5 years, i was always in a leadership position..
i led young engineers in various projects, evaluations...
until i formed my own groups of senior and junior engineers...

And the lesson learned were below:
1.) A leader need to be visionary--> need to provide direction to the group and guide them towards that direction
2.) A leader need to listen & flexible--> need to learn how to listen to people, manage with different leadership style because people are often in different stages when given a task.. either directing, coaching, encouraging and let them self managed...
3.) A leader need to exercise boldness--> need to stand up for what is right and work with group on leading changes in the group. Need to Walk the Talk.
4.) A leader need to be willing to get the hand dirty--> meaning put aside sometime to spend with engineers, understand them, not only their work but their background.. put ourselves in their shoes..etc

still learning but the biggest= WALK THE TALK...
you teach about behaviors.. you have to behave yourself first..
you talked about improve technical skills, you have to improve yourself first...

I guess i have learned something from a hardway... face rejection, face self-denial, face anger and disappointment with upper management, confrontation, etc.. but i guess, along the way, God guided me and protected me........... And still given me many opportunities and answered a lot of my personal desires... such as travelling, leading a group, etc..

Today, i am heading towards another direction.............
The SEASON of "VISIONARY LEADERSHIP" in my life is over.......
I guess it is a time for me to learn........ what is HUMILITY...........What is call starting from ZERO... what is call SUBMISSIVE... what is call "SERVANT LEADERSHIP".

I truly thank God for His continuous guidance in my life.....
I hope as i am moving towards another SEASON of my life... I will pray for those i leave behind so that they can achieve a greater level of achievement/revealation... And my bad characters will be improved... and i will learn a different lesson in life. Amen.

No comments: