Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Disaster Apathetic?

For 2 continuous week, i have been selected to pray for those disaster that hits Myanmar, China, as well as Xenophobia in South Africa (http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2324568,00.html)

As my prayers go, i said to God..
"God, help us, open our eyes that we may see the things you want us to see.. with the many things going on, we believe there's something good out of all these... Lord, we felt helpless... beside giving money and praying, what else we can do? Show us what else that you want us to do?"

I really felt that way.. i felt helpless.. i felt i have somehow become apathetic towards the world's disaster.. i am feeling out of control.... i am starting to tell myself.."well, disasters happen everyday,.. many human died everyday... what can i do?.. i can do nothing..."

Am i disaster-apathetic? or am i simply feeling helplesss...........................

2 comments:

Jenn said...

yeah.. disaster is happening everywhere. scary right?

I guess there's lots of things that we can do to help.

by reducing our wants and just keep it down to our needs, we can help to save the nature and at the same time, can help us to improve economy as well, indirectly.

donating money, food, clothes.

The image of crying parents searching for their little children sadden me very much..

Anonymous said...

I have this 'helpless' feeling as you after knowing all the disasters... Tears drop again and again after seeing the news...

I also wonder the reason HE allow this happen. I asked HIM in the prayer...Any message HE wants us to aware of?

I only can trust that the prayer move HIS hands and pray for HIS miracle to the victims...